How do I move my license key to another domain?
Our plugins need a valid license key in order to work. You can buy a license to cover as many sites as you need (e.g. single site license, 2-5 sites, and so on).
You need an active license for each domain that you use the plugin on. If you change domain names – for example when a development site goes live on its final domain – then you need to activate the license on the new domain.
How to activate your license key on a new domain
This is the process for switching your license key to a different domain:
- Log into your Account.
- On the ‘Order History’ tab, click on ‘View Licenses’ next to the relevant purchase.
- Click ‘Manage Sites’ on the next page.
- From this page, you can add and remove URL’s that your license key is active on.
What if I’m working locally?
If you’re working on a local installation of WordPress then this doesn’t contribute to your limit. This means that you don’t need to deactivate the license key from your local site in order to activate it on the new domain.
I don’t have access to the old domain
If you can no longer access the old site, try activating the license key on the new site. If you get a message that you have reached your activation limit, you can deactivate it from the old domain as follows: log into your account, click ‘Manage Sites’ and deactivate it from the old domain.
- Log into your account using the email address you used to buy the plugin. Use the lost password link if you didn’t keep the email with the password.
- On the ‘Order History’ page, click ‘View Licenses’ for the order with the license key that you wish to move.
- On the next page, click the ‘Manage Sites’ link alongside the license key that you wish to move.
- Click the ‘Deactivate Site’ link next to the old domain.