How can I change where users are redirected after logging into a category?
If you’re using the WooCommerce Protected Categories plugin, then here are some tips to control where users are redirected after they unlock a protected category. The exact method depends on whether they are unlocking a WooCommerce password protected category, or a category that is restricted to specific roles or users.
WooCommerce password protected categories
By default, users are redirected to the category page after entering the password to unlock it. If you prefer, then you can redirect users to another page after they login:
- Make sure users are logging in via the central category login page, instead of going directly to the category they are trying to access.
- Add a 301 redirect from the protected category to wherever you want to redirect them after they unlock the category. (You can do this using a redirections plugin such as Redirection).
When someone enters the correct password on the central login page, our plugin will redirect them to the individual category page. You can then redirect them to another URL, as needed.
Role and user restricted categories
If your categories are protected to specific users and roles, then we recommend installing the free Peter’s Login Redirect plugin. There are several ways to use this plugin:
- Add a global redirect that will be used whenever someone logs into their user account on your website.
- Add a different redirect URL for each user role.
- Add a different redirect URL for each individual user.