Using WPML to translate WooCommerce Quick View Pro
WooCommerce Quick View Pro is a WordPress plugin that allows you to create searchable product tables and lists. It is officially certified as being WPML compatible. This means that you can use the world’s leading WPML multilingual plugin to translate your quick view buttons and lightboxes into different languages.
What you will need
- WooCommerce Quick View Pro plugin
- A recent version of WPML (version 184.108.40.206 or above), with the String Translation and Translation Management plugins active
- A recent version of WooCommerce
- WooCommerce Multilingual
Getting started and what to check
Is your site already configured by your developer?
Please make sure the following plugins and options are activated.
Are you setting up WPML yourself?
Follow the steps below:
- Set up WPML from WPML -> Languages. See the WPML Getting Started Guide for a complete reference. The initial, simple three-step setup is self-explanatory, asking you to choose your default language, a set of active languages, and a language selector. (For starters, choose the footer language selector; you can change this later.)
- Install and activate the core WPML plugin (WPML Multilingual CMS) first, followed by the other WPML plugins listed above.
Follow the steps below to set up WooCommerce Multilingual:
- Install WooCommerce, run the Setup Wizard and set up your store, including adding the products that you plan to list in a product table.
- Install WooCommerce Multilingual, run the Setup Wizard, and add translations for all your products, categories etc.
Translating WooCommerce Product Table
Install WooCommerce Quick View Pro on your site.
The contents of the quick view lightbox will appear in the correct language automatically, assuming that you have translated all your products using the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin (see previous section).
If you have enabled the option to show quick view buttons in your store, then you may wish to translate the button text. You can do this by using WPML’s string translation to find the strings that need translating and add the translations via WPML:
- Go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization.
- Search for the text that you have entered for the quick view buttons in your main language (e.g. ‘Quick view’ or ‘Customize’).
- Click the option to translate the string for each instance of this text.
- Add the translations, click ‘Translation is complete’ and then ‘Save’.