WooCommerce Protected Categories
Release date 13 June 2018
- New: Allow shortcodes to be used in login form message.
- Tweak: Added license.txt for GPL.
- Fix: Fatal error setting Category login page in plugin settings.
Release date 4 June 2018
- New: Add separate stylesheet for front-end and remove inline styles from login form.
- New: Added WPML config file.
- New: Tested up to WP 4.9.6 and WC 3.4.1.
- Tweak: Various code improvements; renamed admin classes.
- Fix: Conflict with Cosmetro theme (and potentially other themes which override the woocommerce_template_loop_category_title function).
- Fix: Template issue with Flatsome theme for products in protected categories.
- Dev: Updated license code.
Release date 18 October 2017
- Tested with WooCommerce 3.2.1.
Release date 6 October 2017
- Add more options to [category_login] shortcode (button_text, label, etc).
- Restructured plugin code and object creation - use dependency injection, and move hooks & filters out of constructors.
- Fix potential issue in category login shortcode.
- Fix bug in protection for WooCommerce shortcodes.
- Additional multisite testing.
Release date 4 October 2017
- Tested with latest versions of WooCommerce and WordPress.
- Fix potential issue if category login shortcode runs in admin.
Release date 5 September 2017
- Fix: Ensure password cookie is set correctly when no expiry set in plugin options.
- Tweak: Restructured plugin initialisation and added extra utility functions.
- Tweak: Updated plugin support links.
- Tweak: Updated translations.
Release date 7 June 2017
- Fix: Bug on product category archives when display type set to subcategories.
Release date 5 June 2017
- Fix: Bug in get_terms_args filter which was causing incorrect display of product category pages.
- Tweak: Tested with WordPress 4.8.
Release date 22 May 2017
- Fix: PasswordHash class was not found under certain conditions.
Release date 5 May 2017
- Fix: Bug for variable products for WooCommerce below v3.0.
Release date 25 April 2017
- New: Plugin setting to control how long the password entered is valid before it expires.
- New: Plugin settings to customise the login form - heading, password label, and label placeholder option.
- New: Login form now shows error messages if no password or incorrect password entered.
- Fix: The form message in plugin settings is now used if not set in shortcode.
- Fix: Category login page can now be set to the main shop page.
- Fix: Compatibility with WooCommerce 3.0.
Release date 3 February 2017
- Fix: Revert error with password protected categories introduced in previous version.
Release date 3 February 2017
- Fix: Compatibility issue with servers running older versions of PHP.
- Tweak: Updated license code.
Release date 28 January 2017
- New: Plugin option to set CSS class on password form container.
- Fix: Bug with products in protected categories when 'show protected products' option disabled.
- Tweak: Ensure category login shortcode works in widgets.
- Tweak: Update license key code.
Release date 26 January 2017
- New: Category login shortcode which allows customers or clients to login to their own product category by using a category password.
- New: Plugin option to allow the 'category login' page to be set.
- Fix: Bug with protected child categories which have a password protected parent.
- Tweak: Change filter for category password form to 'wp_ppc_password_form' to prevent theme conflicts.
- Tweak: Update license code and plugin updater.
Release date 5 January 2017
- Fix fatal error in WC_Category_Prefixer class.
- Update license activation code.
- Tested with WordPress 4.7.
Release date 21 November 2016
- Revert to default WordPress login code for setting password cookie.
- Styling improvements to category visibility option in admin.
Release date 16 November 2016
- New feature: support for multiple passwords for each category. The category is unlocked if any valid password is entered.
- Added plugin option to change button text on protected category form.
- Added Italian translation (credit: Libri Ehret).
Release date 3 November 2016
- Add protection for built-in WooCommerce shortcodes (recent products, sale products, featured products, best selling, etc)
- Update license validation code and fix error with license key activation
- Add link to documentation from Plugins page
Release date 16 September 2016
- Fixed PHP error when password protected category contains no products
- Added Spanish translation (credit: Victor Castillejos)
Release date 8 September 2016
- Fixed bug with filtering of protected & private categories introduced in WordPress 4.6
- Renamed utility functions to prevent conflicts with other themes/plugins
- Updated translations
Release date 31 August 2016
- Fixed bug with password being reset when using 'quick edit' to edit category
- Fixed bug with license validation code which prevented it working on servers earlier than PHP 5.5
Release date 26 August 2016
- Added support for the WooCommerce category shortcode [product_category]. When used on any page, widget, etc. your products will now be protected.
- Added new option to allow the password form to be customised to any wording you choose. Set this under WooCommerce -> Settings -> Products -> Password Protected Categories.
- Updated EDD Updater which handles the plugin updates
- Updated license key code
Release date 16 August 2016
- Update category protection logic to work with existing taxonomy queries
- Fix problem with category visibility option not working properly in certain themes
- Fix E_NOTICE errors generated on pages in some themes
- Fix error retrieving product categories for WordPress versions prior to 4.5
Release date 28 June 2016
- Ensure products in password protected categories cannot be added to the cart
- Improve error handling for license activation
- French translation added (credit: Yven Lebreton)
- Fix bug retrieving product category ancestors which resulted in unnecessary DB calls
Release date 9 May 2016
- New visibility option to show/hide password protected categories in navigation menus (see WooCommerce -> Settings -> Products -> Password Protected Categories)
- Updated main protection hooks to exclude categories during database queries rather than remove products afterwards
- Bug fix for certain themes to display password form correctly
Release date 21 April 2016
- Re-write main plugin architecture to improve database performance and caching
Release date 15 April 2016
- Update plugin licensing to work with servers using older versions of cURL
- Add link to settings from main WordPress Plugins page
- Test with WordPress 4.5 and WooCommerce 2.5.5
Release date 11 March 2016
- Fix compatibility issue with PHP 5.2
Release date 2 March 2016
- Added plugin settings page and license key registration.
- Added plugin options to show/hide password protected categories, and to prefix category names.
Release date 1 March 2016
- Initial release.