Posts Table Pro Features
Our Posts Table Pro WordPress table plugin comes with over 50 features, and we constantly add new ones in response to customer feedback. Combine them in 100’s of different ways to create unique tables listing pages, posts, documents, articles, products, events, custom post types, and more.
Easy to use
- Add instant tables anywhere on your site – Simply choose your default options and post type on the plugin settings page and click the ‘Insert posts table’ toolbar button to add tables to any page.
- Create multiple tables – Use the shortcode options to create multiple tables, each with different content and settings.
- Add to blog and category pages – You can also add the table layout directly to your main blog page, category archives and sitewide search results template. (Requires editing template files in your theme, see instructions.)
- Choose which columns appear in the table – the plugin supports columns for post id, title, content, excerpt, image, date, author, categories, tags, and status. If that’s not enough, then you can also create columns listing custom fields or taxonomies.
- Customizable column headings – you can change the column headings to anything you like, or remove them completely.
Control what appears in the table
- Display pages, posts or any custom post type including e-commerce products, events, portfolio items, articles, documents and much more.
- List specific posts based on category, tag, status, date (based on day, week, and/or month), custom taxonomy term, or custom field value.
- Include or exclude specific posts based on their ID.
- Exclude entire post categories from the table.
Customize the table size
- Column widths – Override the default sizing and control the width of each column.
- Rows per page – Control the number of posts shown on each page of the table.
- Post limit – Set a maximum number of posts that can appear in the table.
List dates in the table
- Set the date format – Choose the format for any date columns.
- Specify date columns – If you’re using extra columns such as custom fields to display dates, use this option to ensure that it is sorted correctly in date order. Useful for listing events in the table.
Choose how your tables are sorted
- Multiple sort options – Control how posts are ordered when the table first loads, and the sort direction.
- Clickable column headings – Customers can also click on any column header to sort the table.
Advanced search & filtering
- Keyword search – Display an instant search box above the table.
- Pre-search the table – Filter posts based on a specific search term when the table first loads.
- Filter dropdowns – Add multiple filter dropdown lists above the table. Choose from categories, tags, or any custom taxonomy.
- Customizable column filters – Choose whether clicking on a category, tag or custom taxonomy in the table will perform a filter or load the relevant archive page.
Add controls above & below the table
- Show, hide or position elements such as the search box, reset button, page length dropdown, post totals, and pagination buttons.
- 4 types of pagination buttons – Choose from 4 different styles to let customers navigate between pages of the WordPress table.
- Customizable ‘no posts’ messages – Change the text that appears when there are no items in the table, either when it first loads or after the customer performs a filter.
Images & multimedia
- Image size – Control the size of featured images in the table.
- Image lightbox – Choose whether customers can click on featured images to view a bigger version in a lightbox.
- Audio & video – The plugin supports embedded audio files, video and media playlists. Customers can watch or listen to multimedia content directly in the WordPress table.
Control the table contents
- Content length – Set the length of the post content in the table.
- Excerpt length – Set the length of the post excerpts in the table.
- Shortcodes & HTML formatting – Choose whether or not the table will display content generated by other shortcodes, such as buttons, hyperlinks or embedded audio and video players.
- Links – Control which columns are clickable to the single post page, or disable all links.
Responsive & mobile-friendly
- 100% responsive – The table is fully responsive and will automatically adapt to fit different screen sizes.
- Priorities option – Control which columns to hide when there are too many to fit on the page.
- Column breakpoints – Use fine-grained control over which columns to show or hide on different devices.
- Responsive control – Control the + icon which customers click to view hidden columns.
- Responsive display – Choose whether to show or hide hidden columns by default, or whether to open them in a modal window.
Posts Table Pro is coded to load quickly and efficiency, minimizing the load on your server. It also comes with some extra performance features:
- Lazy load – For particularly large tables, enabling the lazy load option improves performance by loading the rest of the page before the table, and loading 1 page of posts at a time. With lazy load, there is no limit on the number of posts you can include in the table. (We have customers who are using the plugin to list thousands of posts, documents and other content types.)
- Built-in caching – Enable the cache option to decrease load times even further.
And there’s more…
- WPML – Posts Table Pro is WPML compatible, ideal for multilingual sites.
- Wrap – Choose whether columns with multiple lines of text are truncated onto a single line, or wrapped onto multiple lines.
- Footer visibility – Decide whether to include a footer row in the table, repeating the column headings.
- Scroll offset – If you have a sticky header, then you can change the height that the page scrolls back up to when customers navigate between pages in the table.
- Numeric terms – Allows you to use numbers instead of words for your categories or taxonomies.
- Integration with other plugins – We constantly test with other plugins that add extra features to Posts Table Pro. (See the full list of compatible plugins.)