Privacy and cookies policy
|Google Analytics||__utma, __utmb, __utmc & __utmz||These cookies are placed by Google Analytics to collect statistical data on how visitors are using our website. They track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. They automatically expire either immediately or after between 30 minutes to 2 years.|
|Google Maps||test_cookie||If you visit our Contact page then Google will place a cookie when the Google map is displayed. This automatically expires after 1 day.|
|WordPress comments||comment_author_[x], comment_author_email_[x] & comment_author_url_[x]||WordPress (the software used to power this website) will use these if you leave a comment on our blog posts. This is for your convenience, so you won’t need to re-type your name and email address again when you want to leave another comment – we won’t do anything with the information collected. The cookies expire after just under 1 year.|
|Affiliate links||Various||We occasionally include affiliate links in our blog. If you click on a link to a particular product then a cookie will be placed to tell the affiliate company that you found the product via our website. If you go on to make a purchase then this will allow us to receive affiliate commission.Please note that we only occasionally use affiliate links. All our recommendations are 100% genuine and we only become affiliates for companies we have already tried, tested and are happy to recommend.|
It is also possible to opt out of specific types of cookies by using the following links (please note that we don’t use all of these types of cookies, but we hope these links will help you with other websites you visit too):
- Google Analytics
- Advertising cookies for some of the major third party advertising platforms:
Storage of personal information
- Website visitors – If you simply visit this website without signing up to our mailing list, submitting an enquiry form or making a purchase, then we will not store any personally identifiable information about you.
- Blog comments – If you add a comment to any of our blog posts, then your name, email address and website address will be stored in our website database along with your IP address.
- Mailing list signups – If you sign up to our mailing list then we will store your email address so that we can send you our weekly newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the footer of each email.
- Website enquiries – If you submit an enquiry form on our website then the details submitted will be stored in our website database, along with your IP address.
- Plugin purchases – Please see our Terms and Conditions for details of how we store our plugin customers’ personal information.
The above information will not be shared with any third party. You may contact us at any time to request that the information is deleted.