Our tried and tested process will help make your project a success. We aim to provide high quality WordPress web design services that exceed client expectations.
Web Design Process
A typical WordPress web design project normally includes the following steps.
However we adapt our process to fit around you, to deliver the best possible end result.
1. Initial Discussions
3. Feedback & go-live
4. Ongoing support
We’ll talk through your requirements and start exploring the options. We’ll provide either a fixed quote or a high level estimate for the project (depending on how precisely the amount of work can be predicted at this stage) — for most projects, you will receive a fixed quote.
The initial quote will be as accurate as possible and will state exactly what is and isn’t included, so you know what to expect. We’ll always be upfront about costs before starting work, and would never send you an unexpected bill — we hate that as much as you!
There’s normally no cost for this initial stage. If it’s a particularly complex project and you don’t have clear requirements yet, we might offer you a chargeable analysis and specification phase. The aim of this extra stage would be to clarify and develop your requirements, producing a clear specification document that will allow us or another web designer to quote more accurately for the project and plan it in detail.
Next we’ll carry out the WordPress web design project as described in your project plan. You may need to provide any materials or information we need at this stage in order to carry out the work.
Daena or Katie will be your project manager and primary point of contact. They’ll involve our other team members bring in specialists — graphic designers, copywriters, WordPress developers, etc — as needed throughout the project.
At the start of the project, we may put together some initial design ideas, mockups or prototypes for you. Or if we’re building your website using a premium WordPress theme then we will research and shortlist suitable themes for your approval.
We use a range of project management tools (e.g. BaseCamp), choosing the most appropriate for each project, as well as regular phone calls and emails. For more complex projects you’ll be given a detailed project plan outlining key milestones and deliverables, which will be updated as work progresses.
We work iteratively, breaking the project into logical chunks. This is best practice for a WordPress web design project and helps us keep an eye on the budget as we can approach tasks in order of priority. We’ll test everything thoroughly at each stage to ensure everything works perfectly.
We’ll present the work on our test server for your review. Depending on the project size, this may be done at key milestones or at the end of the project. We’ll listen to your feedback and carry out any further WordPress web design and development until you’re completely happy.
We’ll work closely with you to plan the launch. As well as the actual go-live, we’ll do all the extras such as setting up Google Analytics, sitemaps, configuring redirects, setting up plugins for security and spam-prevention, etc. If required, we’ll also provide formal or informal training sessions for your new website, theme or plugin to make sure you’re up to speed with everything.
Once the project has gone live, we’ll provide 60 days’ free support to make sure everything goes smoothly.
But it doesn’t end there — all successful websites evolve over time. We’ll work together to continue developing your website, ensuring it meets your needs over the longer-term.
We offer retainers to clients whose need regular WordPress web design services. Or if you prefer, we can provide ad hoc support or updates as and when required. We’re fairly flexible and can design our support services around you — just let us know what you need.
We work hard to build a ongoing relationship with you, based on trust. We do this by communicating openly with you at all times and making sure we deliver on our promises.
Our Quality Standards
- We will listen carefully to your requirements and gain a full understanding of your business and objectives.
- We will ensure that expectations are clear at the outset. We’ll provide a clear written quote for every project.
- Where appropriate, we will offer business advice and suggestions. This will help you gain maximum benefit from WordPress web design and your website.
- Our UK WordPress designers will respond promptly and accurately to all contact.
- We aim to communicate with you clearly and openly at all times on your level, avoiding technical jargon.
Fair & honest web design pricing
- We aim to be open and transparent about our WordPress web design prices. We’ll explain how we’ve reached our costings.
- Our UK WordPress designers aim to provide clear written quotes within 48 hours of our initial consultation. We provide fixed quotes where possible.
- Where a budget is restricted, we will suggest alternative solutions to meet your objectives.
- We will work closely with you to ensure the project remains within budget.
- If you require regular WordPress web design services, we can offer a retainer service at a reduced rate.
Expert UK WordPress designers
- Our UK WordPress web designers are fully trained and experienced to provide work of the highest standard.
- We've been developing websites since 2002 and specialising in WordPress web design for over 5 years. This has given us an in-depth knowledge of the WordPress core and its APIs.
- We continually update our knowledge and skills with the latest web technologies and best practices. With WordPress web design, there can often be a right way and a wrong way to do something. We make sure it's done the right way.
Web standards & accessibility
- We work hard to meet the latest WordPress web design guidelines. We're passionate about web standards and firmly believe they bring significant improvements to a website's usability. They're also vital for accessibility and interoperability across different browsers and devices, as well as SEO and performance.
- We build sites with accessibility in mind, creating semantic, well-structured HTML. We add features such as ARIA roles, skip links, font size and contrast tools where appropriate.