Joining Voices is a global advocacy project to promote and support family planning. It consists of two components: Europe and Global South. Barn2 Media were commissioned to create a bi-lingual WordPress website for the Global South component.
The overarching priority for the website was to be accessible to all, with good user experience even in low bandwidth areas. It needed to inspire visitors to sign up for the mailing list, download information relevant to their country and take action.
The ultimate aim of the website was to contribute to improving family planning provision in low and middle income countries, making a positive difference for current and future generations.
- WordPress web design using the clean and minimal Sparks theme
- Advanced performance optimisation including caching, CDN (content delivery network), minimal use of images, image optimisation, etc. – resulting in page speeds of under 0.25 seconds
- Ultra-fast managed WordPress hosting provided via WP Engine
- MailChimp integration
- Search engine optimisation to maximise the number of visitors
- Bi-lingual website with English and French versions achieved using WordPress multisite, avoiding the need for a resource-heavy multi-language plugin
- Ongoing support and maintenance to keep the website running smoothly and maintain its excellent performance
Please note that the global Joining Voices 2020 project has now ended so the website is no longer available online.
- Date: 01/12/2014
- Categories: Theme Setup
- Client: Joining Voices