Sprouting is a creative organisation offering business development/solutions for small to medium size enterprises.
Sprouting’s brand had already been developed and was already showing success in the market place. An excellent design had been produced for the website along with visual guides highlighting key elements and functionality by Gary Harrison Design. They were were seeking a WordPress developer to convert the design from PSD to WordPress and to build a fully functioning WordPress site.
The design included some unusual features including scrolling between each page. The website had to be fully responsive, automatically resizing to fit different screen sizes including mobile devices. It also had to meet accessibility guidelines.
- Responsive WordPress theme develoment from PSD to WordPress
- Overall setup of WordPress website and addition of the content provided by Sprouting
- Custom jQuery scrolling feature to allow scrolling between pages of the site
- Random testimonials feature, including a session check to prevent the same testimonial from appearing more than once in the same session
- ‘News and insights’ blog setup
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) services including keyword analysis to identify the most commonly used search terms for Sprouting’s industry and liaison with their copywriter
- Newsletter signup form, including integration with Sprouting’s Mailchimp mailing list account
- Custom Twitter widget to display Sprouting’s latest tweets
- AA conformance of the web accessibility guidelines (WCAG)
- Compliance with new privacy legislation, including provision of a privacy and cookies policy and installation of the WordPress Cookie Control plugin
- Date: 24/05/2012
- Categories: PSD to WordPress
- Client: Sprouting