Introducing MySimpleFood – Restaurant Ordering Websites Made Easy
This week we’ve launched MySimpleFood – the easy way for restaurants to promote and sell food online. It’s the simple (and affordable) way to get professional restaurant ordering websites. And even better, your restaurant website can come complete with online food ordering system.
Why have you created a web design service for restaurants?
Back in January, we published a tutorial and video on Create a WooCommerce Restaurant Ordering System to Order Food Online. The tutorial has been amazingly popular, with 13,782 page views so far. This makes it the 5th most popular page on our website. It has struck a cord with the many people wanting to create a simple online food ordering system using WordPress and WooCommerce.
Lots of people have used our WooCommerce Product Table plugin to create their own restaurant ordering website. Others have contacted us asking whether we can build their restaurant website. We’ve developed MySimpleFood for the second group of people. This group wants the food ordering system described in the tutorial, but not as a DIY option.
This means that Barn2 Media now offers 2 options for restaurant orders:
- DIY option – Create your own online food ordering system by following the instructions in the tutorial.
- Complete restaurant website option – Order a MySimpleFood restaurant ordering website and let us handle everything. (You can still edit your website content once it’s live, add products, manage orders, etc. Everything you need to run your restaurant.)
As a restaurant order, you can choose either option. It just depends on whether you’re comfortable setting up WordPress and WooCommerce yourself.
How do the restaurant ordering websites work?
We’ll create a professional WordPress website for you, for a lower-than-usual cost. The reason it’s cheaper than most WordPress web design services is because we’ve already built the website, and just need to tailor it to suit your brand and your content. This lets us build your website much more efficiently, without reinventing the wheel.
The online restaurant ordering system is powered by WooCommerce, the world’s top e-commerce platform. WooCommerce will provide the e-commerce functionality such as the ability to add and categorize products, the cart, checkout and customer account areas. We’ll also provide a complementary copy of our bestselling WooCommerce Product Table plugin – perfect for listing foods in a restaurant-friendly layout.
Your foods will be listed on a single page of your website, in a similar layout to a traditional paper menu. It can be divided into categories. For example, we can add sections listing all the starters, main course, sides, desserts, kids menu, etc. Customers can tick all the foods they want to order, select the quantity, then add to the cart in a single click. Once they’re happy with their menu choices, they can use the WooCommerce cart and checkout to enter their delivery details and pay online.
The end result will be a website that’s just as professional, but more affordable.
Can I choose the design?
Each of the restaurant web design options has its own unique identity. They are all clean, modern designs that will be suitable for most WordPress restaurant websites.
The designs have long scrolling homepages with plenty of areas to introduce everything that makes your restaurant special. You can have anything from the demo site, or we can remove any pages or sections you don’t need. We’ll add your logo, brand colour, text, images, icons linking to your social media profiles – everything that professional restaurant ordering websites need.
Or if you’d rather build your website with any theme, read our tutorial on how to create your own restaurant websites with online food ordering system.
How flexible is the restaurant ordering system?
While MySimpleFood is a pre-designed service, the restaurant ordering facility is surprisingly flexible. Here are some examples of what you can do with it:
- Add unlimited products and categories.
- Let customers choose extra product options. You can use WooCommerce product variations, either listed as dropdown lists or separate rows in the order form. It even comes with a free copy of the official WooCommerce Product Add-Ons plugin. This is ideal for adding extra options as check boxes, radio buttons, custom messages, and more. For example, you can use these to let customers add extra pizza toppings or a message about their dietary requirements.
- Choose whether to keep all the online ordering on a single page, or whether customers can click to view more information about each food.
- Add multiple delivery options – e.g. local collection, and different postage costs for different zipcodes or postcodes.
- Prevent people from outside your delivery area from ordering.
- Choose what data to display about your products. You can add obvious information such as the product image, name and price. There’s even the option to add extra data such as ‘Vegetarian’ or ‘Healthy’ labels.
- Take payment through PayPal or cash on collection/delivery, or credit/debit card payments with Stripe.
Where can I get a quote for my restaurant website?
We’ve created an easy-to-use online quote calculator where you can get a quote for your restaurant ordering website. Simply select the number of pages you need, any extra features you require. The price will update before your eyes!
Once you’re happy with the quote, add your details and submit it to us. We’ll contact you for more details about your business and to get started.
Order your WooCommerce restaurant ordering website today
Order a food ordering website for your restaurant today, and it could be live in less than a week!