Create a WooCommerce Private Area: which plugin to choose?
This article will help you choose the best WordPress plugin to create a WooCommerce private area.
This will help you to choose the right plugin for your own WooCommerce private area. You can then get your chosen plugin and start setting it up!
WooCommerce private area plugins – a quick summary
WooCommerce Private Store hides all elements of WooCommerce, so your whole store will be private and hidden behind a single password.
WooCommerce Password Protected Categories hides specific categories within your store, and the products within those categories. The rest of your store can remain public. There are two ways to protect categories with this plugin. You can password protect categories, or mark them as private so that only logged in users with the correct privileges can see them.
Here’s a video guiding you through both private WooCommerce plugins. You can also read the information below to help you choose the right one.
Which private area plugin is best for you?
To choose a WooCommerce private area plugin for your site, read these 2 lists. Think about which list best applies to you.
- Sell the same products to all your customers?
- Want to complete a completely hidden WooCommerce private shop, with no public area? The rest of your website such as the homepage will still be public, but all elements of your shop will be private.
- Need the convenience of a single password for your whole store which you can give your customers?
- Want all parts of WooCommerce to be 100% hidden from your menus, widgets, site search, search engines, sitemaps etc. including the main shop page, categories, products and tags? (Note: You can still have a public link to the login page, or you can hide this too.)
If this is you then I recommend WooCommerce Private Store.
- Sell different products to different customers?
- Want public AND private areas of your WooCommerce store?
- Need to password protect specific categories, or hide categories so that only users with specific roles can see them?
- Want each user to have their own unique password?
If this is you then I recommend WooCommerce Password Protected Categories.
How do I use these plugins?
The first port of call is to read the WooCommerce Private Store documentation and WooCommerce Password Protected Categories documentation. We’ve also provided some useful tutorials on using the WooCommerce private area plugins in different ways:
- Use both plugins to create a WooCommerce hidden store
- How to use them as WooCommerce wholesale plugins to create a trade store
- Create a private members only online shop
It’s time to create your own WooCommerce private area
I hope this article has helped you to choose a WooCommerce private area for your store.
If you have any further questions, please get in touch with details of what you want to achieve. We’ll be happy to advise on the best private area plugin for you.