Complete guide: Create product bundles for your WooCommerce store
By the end of this article, you’ll walk away knowing exactly how to create product bundles for your WooCommerce store.
If you use WooCommerce to power your online store, you probably already know that, out of the box, the e-commerce platform treats each product individually. The problem with this is that it doesn’t provide a user-friendly way for customers to mix and match products to create product bundles.
If you’re facing a similar problem then don’t worry! This complete guide will teach you how to bundle WooCommerce products using a choice of methods:
- List suggested bundles using a front-end product table using the WooCommerce Product Table plugin.
- Use the WooCommerce Product Bundles plugin to create product bundles.
- Use WooCommerce Bulk Variations to create one product for each bundle you want to sell.
And the best part is that we’ll also show you how to set everything up step-by-step. It’s super quick and easy and there’s absolutely no technical knowledge needed to follow this tutorial. Each of these options is way faster and way cheaper than the alternatives, so you can start selling WooCommerce product bundles today!
3 ways to bundle WooCommerce products
First, I’m going to share three different ways to create WooCommerce product bundles:
This method uses the WooCommerce Product Table plugin. It lets you choose which WooCommerce products you want to encourage customers to buy as a bundle. Once you’ve done that, you can list them in a table anywhere on your WordPress site with quantity boxes.
This is the best option if you want a flexible way to suggest product bundlings while allowing customers to choose which products to order and in which quantities.
The Product Bundles WooCommerce add-on lets you display bundles of multiple products on the single product page.
You can do this in one of two ways – either with one add to cart button that lets customers buy all the products in the bundle for a fixed price or with separate prices and quantity boxes for each product in the bundle allowing customers to mix and match. This is the best option for you if you want to sell product bundles containing a fixed selection of products for a fixed price.
Method 3 uses the WooCommerce Bulk Variations plugin. It lets you create one product for each product bundle you want to sell. You can then add all the individual items that you want to allow users to bundle as variations.
Using this plugin, you can display these variable products in a matrix on the single product page. Alternatively, you can also use the shortcode that comes with the plugin to display the matrix on any other page e.g. a central Bundles page or in a widget. Customers can then use the quantity boxes in the matrix to choose how many of each variation they wish to purchase and complete their bundle.
WooCommerce product bundles use cases
As an online store owner, there are tons of ways you can benefit from creating WooCommerce product bundles for your e-commerce store.
Here are some use case scenarios for which you might consider creating bundles:
- Artisan soaps, lotions, and balms. If you sell handmade products like soaps, lotions, and balms, you can use the WooCommerce Product Table plugin to list them all in a front-end table layout. For example, you might sell a single artisan soap for $1 and bundle up three soaps and one lotion for $2.50. This way, customers can mix and match the ones they’d like to add to their custom product bundle and proceed to the checkout page.
- Sports gear. You can sell related products (like sports gear) in product kits or grouped products using the WooCommerce Product Bundles plugin. For example, you can create a fixed price product bundle that contains two badminton rackets, two bags, and four nylon shuttlecocks sold at $55.99.
- Candies, teas, and coffees. If you want to give customers the option to mix and match their own product bundle, you can use WooCommerce Bulk Variations to create a single product bundle and list the different items as product variations. For example, you can create a Bundle of Candies product and list a variety of candies as variations to let customers pick and choose the ones they want to purchase.
Of course, there are tons of different ways to create WooCommerce product bundles depending on the product types you sell. For example, the WooCommerce Product Table plugin is perfect for selling downloadable products and composite products, as well.
How to create product bundles for your WooCommerce store
By now, you know the 3 ways for creating WooCommerce product bundles and should have chosen which method is best for you. Next, here’s how you can set up each type of bundle:
Method 1: List suggested bundles with WooCommerce Product Table
If you sell a variety of products and want to give customers the option to choose which ones they’d like to add to their product bundle, we recommend using the WooCommerce Product Table plugin.
It gives you the flexibility to suggest product bundlings while letting customers decide which products they’d like to order and in which quantities.
- Get the WooCommerce Product Table plugin and install and activate it to your WordPress site.
- Head over to WooCommerce → Settings → Products → Product tables to configure the plugin’s settings from the backend. We recommend the following configuration:
- Enter image,name,description,price,add-to-cart in the Columns option. You can also display additional product details such as SKU.
- Set the Add to cart button option to Checkbox only using the dropdown.
- Set Product filters to Disabled and Search box to Hidden using the dropdown. These elements aren’t relevant for selling specific bundled products.
- Click the Save changes button to proceed.
- Create a new page and add the shortcode
It should look something like this screenshot on the frontend:
We also recommend using the Dynamic Pricing plugin to automatically apply a bulk discount based on the number of products ordered from the bundle.
Method 2: Use the WooCommerce Product Bundles plugin
The WooCommerce Product Bundles plugin is the best option if you want to sell a fixed selection of products for a fixed price.
This is particularly useful for more expensive products like tech products (laptops with accessories), furniture (mattress with bed sheets and pillows), or sports gear (ping pong table, rackets, and ping pong balls).
- Install and activate the WooCommerce Product Bundles plugin on your site.
- Create a new WooCommerce product. This will be your product bundle.
- Scroll down to the Product data section and use the dropdown to select the Product bundle option.
- Click on the Bundled Products tab to configure the WooCommerce bundled product options.
You can also use the Dynamic Pricing plugin with WooCommerce Product Bundles to apply a discount based on the number of products the customer purchases.
Method 3: Use WooCommerce Bulk Variations
The WooCommerce Bulk Variations plugin is perfect for online stores that sell low-cost products like candies, sweets, teas, or coffees.
- Get the WooCommerce Bulk Variations plugin and install and activate it to your WordPress site.
- Go to Products → Attributes from the WordPress dashboard.
- Add attributes for the items you’d like to sell as bundle products. For example, if you’re selling candies you could add Flavor and Weight as attributes.
- Create a new WooCommerce product. This will be the product bundle.
- Scroll down to the Product data section and select Variable product using the dropdown.
- Click on the Bulk Variations tab and configure the following settings:
- Tick the checkbox next to the Enable variations grid option.
- Set the Horizontal and Vertical attributes.
- Tick the checkbox next to the Display variation images option.
- Click the Publish button to proceed.
It lets you create one main product bundle and add a variety of items to it as product variations. Customers can then choose how much of each variation they’d like to purchase and complete their product bundle. The total price is displayed directly under the matrix.
Want to create WooCommerce product bundles?
Creating WooCommerce product bundles is a great way to upsell products, boost sales, and grow your bottom line through tested marketing strategies.
There are a number of user-friendly plugins that can help you create and sell WooCommerce product bundles the way you want. We encourage you to check each of them out:
- To suggest product bundlings to customers and sell different products, you can use the WooCommerce Product Table plugin.
- However, if you want to sell fixed product bundles at a fixed price, check out the WooCommerce Product Bundles plugin.
- And the WooCommerce Bulk Variations plugin is perfect for you if you want to let customers choose how much of each product to add to their product bundle.
Ready to create and sell WooCommerce product bundles? Choose a plugin from the list above, and set it up today!