Introducing the new WooCommerce Product Table plugin
I’m excited to announce that our new WordPress plugin, WooCommerce Product Table, is now available. It provides a WooCommerce product table view to display your products in an interactive list or table.
We’ve developed this plugin in response to demand from uses of our Post Table Pro plugin. They have enjoyed using the general table view to display products, but wanted WooCommerce-specific features integrated into the table such as ‘Add to Cart’ buttons.
What is a WooCommerce product table view?
Most WooCommerce websites have standard category layouts which list products in a grid format. There’s usually 3 or 4 products per row with large images, the title, price and except underneath, and then an Add to Cart button. This takes up a lot of space.
Lots of WooCommerce store owners need a more compact product table view. A table lets them list more product per page so that customers can easily choose products and add to the cart, without scrolling through many pages.
The WooCommerce Product Table plugin provides a table view to list your products.
How flexible is the WooCommerce product table?
The product table view is incredibly flexible. You create your WooCommerce product table by adding a shortcode to any page or post. The default shortcode works well and you can use the documentation to configure it to suit your exact needs.
- You can choose which columns display in the table. Nearly all the data that is stored about WooCommerce products can be used as a column in the table view. This includes title, short description, long description, price, tags, product categories, product featured image, etc. You can even add a quantity selector and Add to Cart button to the table view.
- You can display all your products in the WooCommerce table view, or display products from a specific category only.
- You can add links to the product titles so that people can click through to the single product page and buy from there. Or you can disable these links and let people add to the cart straight from the table (or both!).
- You can control how the product table view behaves, such as ordering the products by any column when it first loads. You can choose how many rows are displayed per page.
- Customers can click on a column header to sort by that column. They can use the search box or click on a product category to filter the table.
Read the documentation for a full list of everything you can do with the WooCommerce Protect Table View plugin.
Who is the plugin for?
WooCommerce Product Table is for any website owner who wants a more compact way to display WooCommerce products.
We’ve been amazed by how many users of our existing Posts Table Pro plugin have used it to create a WooCommerce table view. They use it for many different purposes, and the new dedicated WooCommerce version makes it suitable for many more use cases.
Here are some examples of websites that need a WooCommerce table view:
Use case: Wholesale or trade area
A lot of WooCommerce websites have a trade store, or a hidden trade area alongside a public online store. Wholesale stores tend to be less visual and more information-based than public online shops, so a table view is perfect.
You can use WooCommerce Product Table to list all your trade products. Your distributors can scroll down the list, add multiple products to the cart and make a purchase without having to click through to the individual product pages. This provides a much more functional way of shopping online which is perfect for trade stores.
Tip: If you want to create a private WooCommerce wholesale area, here are 2 ways that you can do it:
- Check out our WooCommerce Password Protected Categories plugin. This lets you create a WooCommerce category for your wholesale or trade distributors and password protect it. We’ve even created a video tutorial on How to Create a WooCommerce Wholesale or Trade Area.
- Use WooCommerce Product Table to add a table view of your wholesale products to a standard WordPress page. You can then password protect this page using the ‘Visibility’ settings at the top right of the Add/Edit Page screen, or use a membership plugin to create a unique login for each trade user.
Use case: WooCommerce product catalogue
WooCommerce websites with large numbers of products often provide a catalogue view listing all their products. This displays everything in one place without forcing customers to scroll through many different pages.
Use case: Online takeaway restaurant
Takeaway restaurants often display their entire menu on a single page. Customers can choose all the dishes they want to order and add everything from the cart without being taken to a separate page for each option.
WooCommerce Product Table is perfect for this because it lists each item on the menu within an interactive table view. To get your customers’ mouths watering, you can make the table more visual by displaying an image of each dish.
Where can I get the plugin?
You can buy WooCommerce Product Table on our website.