Use WooCommerce Wishlist Plugins in your Product Tables
Lots of customers have asked us how to add wishlists to their WooCommerce product tables. We’ve tested our WooCommerce Product Table plugin with the 2 most popular free WooCommerce wishlist plugins. This tutorial will help you to choose the right wishlist plugin to use with your product tables, with setup instructions on how to use them together.
Both of these plugins have a Pro version with extra features. We tested the free ones, so you can follow the steps in this tutorial without having to buy a wishlist plugin.
TI WooCommerce Wishlist Plugin
With over 3,000 active installs, TemplateInvaders’ WooCommerce wishlist plugin is a popular choice for many stores. It’s also the most compatible plugin to work with WooCommerce Product Table.
This flexible plugin works beautifully with product tables – both the standard and lazy load methods of loading the table. The ‘Add to Wishlist’ links (which you can reword to anything you like) appear either above or below the add to cart button, or in any other column in the table. If you’re using the add to cart checkbox option that comes with WooCommerce Product Table, then the ‘Add to Wishlist’ link appears before the checkbox.
When you click on the ‘Add to Wishlist’ link for any product, a lightbox will appear confirming that the product has been added. You can either close the popup or click through to the wishlist page, where you can view the items, share them on social media, or buy using WooCommerce.
The wishlist plugin comes with a widget which shows the number of items in the wishlist. It has a handy link to the main wishlist page.
Demo: See it in action on our product table wishlist demo page.
How to set it up
- Install the WooCommerce Wishlist and WooCommerce Product Table plugins, as per the documentation.
- Add a product table to any page on your site.
- When you activate the WooCommerce wishlist plugin, you’ll be taken through a handy setup wizard where you can choose how your wishlist will work. You can choose to position the ‘Add to Wishlist’ button above or below the add to cart button, and both will appear correctly in the product table. Or if your product table doesn’t have an add to cart column, then choose the ‘Custom position with code’ option and add the shortcode
[ti_wishlists_addtowishlist]to any other product field that appears in the table. For example, if you add this shortcode to the short description, long description or a custom field for each of your products, then it will appear in the table.
- View the page with your product table, and you will see the Add to Wishlist links!
Tip: If you’re using the ‘Custom position with code’ option, then you must add shortcodes=”true” to your product table. You can either do this in the plugin settings page, or directly in the product table shortcode.
YITH WooCommerce Wishlist Plugin
You can use the YITH WooCommerce wishlist plugin to add an ‘Add to Wishlist’ text link in your product table. When you add a product to the wishlist, the text will change to “Product added! Browse Wishlist” (you can change this if you like), with a link to the wishlist page.
The plugin works fine with WooCommerce Product Table, but you can’t add the wishlist link within the add to cart column. You can add it to any other text-based column in the table, such as the short or long description, or a custom field column.
How to set it up
- Install the WooCommerce Wishlist and Product Table plugins, as per the documentation.
- On the YITH plugin settings page (YITH Plugins > Wishlist), select ‘Shortcode’ from the ‘Position’ dropdown list. (If you select any of the other options then the ‘Add to Wishlist’ link will will appear on the single product page, but not in the product table.)
- Next, choose which column in the product table you want to use for the ‘Add to Wishlist’ links (e.g. the short description, main description, or a custom field). Add the shortcode
[yith_wcwl_add_to_wishlist]for each product. If you activate shortcodes in your product table, then it will show the ‘Add to Wishlist’ link in the correct column.
Other WooCommerce Wishlist Plugins
If you’re using WooCommerce Product Table with any other wishlist plugins, please let us know. We’d love to test them and publish the details of any more that are compatible. We might even be able to feature your website as a case study!